Panji Prasetyo is the Senior Partner and founder of the firm. Prior to establishing the firm, Panji, after joining Adnan Buyung Nasution & Partners (ABNP) in August 1997, held the position of a Managing Partner of ABNP from 2003 to 2007. Then he joined Hermawan Prasetyo & Juniarto as a Managing Partner from 2008 to 2011.
Panji obtained his Sarjana Hukum (Bachelor of Laws) degree from the University of Padjadjaran, Bandung, Indonesia in 1992 and a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree from the University of Melbourne, Australia in 2003. Panji finished his Graduate Diploma course on International Commercial Arbitration at Jesus College, Oxford University in 2013.
Panji is a member of Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI), International Bar Association (IBA) and Inter-Pasific Bar Association (IPBA). Panji is currently an Associate member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb).
Panji has more than 19 years experience in corporate commercial law practice and litigation. His legal experience include providing professional legal services, advice, analyses and recommendations to various business communities in Indonesia in relation to corporate, commercial and criminal litigation.
He has successfully assisted major cases also with an outstanding victory record. To this date, he still continues representing major clients in various high profile ongoing cases.
Panji has also earned a reputation in handling negotiations, mediations and dispute settlements in litigation proceedings (from a District Court level up to Supreme Court), in wide-ranging civil and criminal areas, intellectual property and bankruptcy cases, anti-monopoly and unfair business practices matters.
Panji is also an Indonesian registered Intellectual Property Rights Consultant. In this area, he also founded P+P Consulting which, despite also newly established in 2012, is always growing in client trust and as well as coverage.
Specific Legal Experience:
- representing clients in commercial disputes, including disputes relating to construction contracts, manpower, and oil and gas related contracts at the District Courts, High Court and Supreme Court in Indonesia;
- representing clients in arbitration proceedings in BANI (Indonesian National Board of Arbitration) and the Singapore International Arbitration Center under a variety of arbitration rules such as the BANI Rules, ICC Rules and UNCITRAL Rules;
- representing clients in intellectual property disputes surrounding registered worldwide trademarks in the Commercial Court of Indonesia;
- assisting clients in group debt settlement in relation to special program loan restructuring;
- providing legal opinions in relation to security agreements in the telecommunication sector;
- providing legal assistance in preparation of witness statements to be submitted to California courts; and
- representing clients in criminal trial proceedings relating to corruption allegations related to the purchase of loan assets.